Tuesday, March 5, 2013

P52: Week 10/52- Macro, General


This week's theme focused on shooting macro, or close-up.  I was without a macro lens and at my husband's suggestion, tried using a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens with an extension tube.  It was difficult to say the least, the weight of the camera with the enormous lens made it impossible to hold it steady for a good shot!  So I went back to my tried and true 50mm f/1.4.  A friend of mine sent along some suggestions and helpful article about shooting macro. As this is the theme for the month, I thank you for joining me as I learn more about shooting up close :).

* Next up is Megan Lee of Amber Decadence Photography. Megan is a natural light, modern lifestyle and portrait photographer specializing in children and families. Amber Decadence Photography is based in Singapore.  Please click here to see her take on this week's theme.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pulled it off nicely Marina! Makes for an interesting photo!